The Adventures of Nikky & Camille

A blog to document the weight loss adventures of Nikky & Camille!

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Day 24...Where Am I?

Is it Sunday yet??  No, but we are one day closer.  Today started out as usual with our morning walk and pool workout.  We see the same guy on our walk every morning, I wonder if he will miss us next week?  Then we had our circuit day in the ballroom.  Leif was so nice he made our rounds 90 seconds instead of 60...it is amazing how much harder those last 30 seconds can be.   I am hoping that was our last day in the ballroom, but if the weather doesn't hold out I am fearing I might have to go back on Friday.  I don't know if I can run one more suicide!!

Then came the afternoon hike.  We had some injuries, blisters, family emergencies and a few other reasons that a few people had to stay back and only 4 of us went on the hike.  So Leif, Kelly, and the four of us loaded up and took off for our hike.  Let me start out by telling you all how sore and tired my legs were before I started this hike.  It was supposed to be a loop, but loop it did not.  It was an uphill climb (I felt like I was rock climbing) and I didn't think my legs were going to make it.  We walked through ankle deep mud, over rocks, through forests, and then I started to get a little worried because we were walking along the river and we walked uphill so much we weren't even by that anymore.  No one really knew where we were so we stuck to the trail.  I got excited when I saw a man walking toward us.  I asked him if the parking lot was close by and he said, "I don't know I came from Canada. I have been hiking for 17 days."  WHAT!!! Where am I going and how am I going to get out of here.  After trudging uphill through mud and rock we finally got to the top of the mountain.  We thought we were almost to the parking lot, but we looked down and way off in the horizon we saw our vehicle sitting in the parking lot.  I felt like one of the Von Trap family climbing the mountains out of Austria. Only I was heading to Canada.  We just kept walking and eventually found a trail that went down.  We made it to the highway and walked that back to our car.  I have never been so happy to see a highway in my life.  I did consider hitchhiking back to Austin, but I figured I got this far I might as well finish.  My legs are killing me and I am trying to be nice to my feet so I have given them their own pillow.  I am trying to sweet talk them into surviving 3 more days. 

Tomorrow is another day closer to Sunday so I am going to head to bed and dream about Sunday.

Camille and Nikky

1 comment:

  1. Just wondering, since you haven't been able to know your weight loss, do you feel like you are succeeding in shrinking your pants?? :)

    ReplyDelete