The Adventures of Nikky & Camille

A blog to document the weight loss adventures of Nikky & Camille!

Saturday, October 22, 2011

I'm back! Who is this girl?

Well, have you missed us posting? I was just thinking about this blog and thought it would be nice to update it. Here is a little Nikky update from the past few months.

Who is this girl? I am now the girl that goes to the YMCA multiple times a day during her MEA vacation. I shop in only two sections of the grocery store (produce and meat). I say no to committing to things that would not allow me to attend my favorite classes at the gym. I organize my day around meals and exercise. I have more energy for my students. I am happier.

This is just a brief summary of how much I have changed since starting this journey in June. Yes, there are times when things do not go so well or when I choose to not follow the plan (darn wine!). There are weeks when I am overwhelmed or just tired from this journey and want to take a break. HOWEVER, I have experienced success and it is addicting! I have an amazing support system in Austin that makes the day-to-day struggles not so bad. I have recruited great friends to join me at the gym and make better choices when I go out. I have found an amazing faith community that encourages my gift and draws me nearer to God. I know that the Lord is my ultimate priority and I am still working on giving the control over to Him daily.

So, what does a typical week look like? I am posting this mostly to encourage anyone that would like to join us at the Y or maybe just needs motivation to get off the couch.
Monday - Deep Water Aerobics
Tuesday/Thursday - Cycling and Kickboxing
Wednesday - PiYo and Kickboxing (really early in the morning!)
Friday-Cyclebox
Saturday - Cycling
Sunday - DAY OF REST:)

Are you up for the challenge? I love each one of these classes and it helps so much to have the motivation of the instructors. Cycling has been an amazing workout and each time I have a total "Biggest Loser" sweat dripping on the floor moment! I am still sticking to the food plan consisting of 5 meals a day and using the guidelines I learned from my time at Fitness North.

Goals? My ultimate goal is still pretty far away but I will share some short term goals. I would like to lose 19 more pounds by Christmas and 40 more pounds by April 1. I would love for you to pray for me because I know there will be temptations and busy concert schedules. I will try and keep you updated on the progress in the next few months.

Happy Fall!
Blessings,
Nikky

No comments:

Post a Comment